The secret to our success has been our very intentional coaching process. As our team grows, I want you to feel confident that your consultants have a structured tool for this great coaching program we have been teaching by word of mouth.
Our coaching process is extremely simple. There are only a few questions you need to ask in order to help your clients experience extraordinary results and feel completely supported by you. Remember: You are not doing it FOR them. They are responsible to do the work. You are simply there for accountability. Just walk beside them and be their friend.
Below is our THREE STEP COACHING PROCESS:
1) By Phone: Pre coaching call and www.daretobeslender.com navigation session
2) By Email: Initial 3 day menu plan by them and review by you
3) By Phone: Coaching calls on day 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
1) BY PHONE: PRE-COACHING CALL AND WEBSITE NAVIGATION SESSION
Make sure your client is in front of a computer and has his/her product at hand.
1. First make sure that they have all their product and share with them what each one does:
a) Am/Pm combination.
The Am’s are to support energy and stress control through the day. The AMs do ALOT of things, but just to highlight a few…
*The B complex especially will provide energy.
*There are specific ingredients for reducing acidity in the body (chlorella algae, lemon among others)
*There are enzymes to help aid in digestion
*There are over a dozen antioxidants to combat the effects of stress in the body.
The Pm’s are to support regeneration and rest and night. Again just a few highlights are…
*the mineral combination helps regenerate your tissues as you sleep.
*the pms have a calming effect on the nerves which will improve sleep quality (better energy and overall mood).
*Again there are acid reducing agents, enzymes, and antioxidants.
Make sure they understand to take 3 ams with breakfast and 3pms with dinner.
*Specifically the citrus and dark green ingredients will have a cleansing effect. Some people report headaches, and skin breakouts for the first few days. Be sure to encourage them to drink a lot of water and let them know this is normal.
*If people have low stomach acid, they may get nauseous when taking multivitamins. For these people, taking them with food is a must. They may also need to take additional enzymes and pro-biotics.
b) Elance Shakes
Our shakes are made of time-release protein, as well as branched chain amino acids and enzymes. Each shake contains only 130 calories when mixed with water, so remind them on bootcamp to mix them with skim milk, soy milk, almond milk etc OR add 1 tbsp of good oil (peanut or other nut butters are a good option as well as flax seed oil or pumpkin oil etc). 1 tbsp of oil has 100 calories so that will bring their shake up to a perfect 230 calorie snack.
Be sure they understand they can use the shake for any of their snacks or meals. They don’t have to have them at breakfast or lunch although they can if it is convenient for them.
c) Elance Appetit
This is their metabolism booster and appetite suppressant. Unlike other metabolism aids on the market, ours does NOT contain any stimulants, but will promote healthy metabolism by supporting the metabolic hormones of your body. The herbs we use are very safe and effective. This is a powerful product.
*(People should consult with their doctors before taking this product if they are on thyroid or blood pressure medication).
Be sure they know to take 2 of these approximately 30 minutes before their main meal on bootcamp. If they forget, they can take them at any time and still have good results. There is a mild bean-based starch binder that will help with their carbohydrate intake if taken 30 minutes before a meal.
d) Petit Chocolates
These are the little chocolate hoodia chews we recommend they order along with thier Elance kit. Let them know that these are a great snack if they are experiencing sugar cravings, especially in the evenings. They should limit themselves to 2 per day. More than this may produce a laxative effect.
WEBSITE NAVIGATION: GO THROUGH the www.daretobeslender.com site with them.
a) make sure you set them up with a password at the time of registration. We usually use 123456 because no one else is going to randomly guess their 7-digit consultant ID number. Give them their consultant ID number and their password and wait for them to log in to the site.
b) Take them to the Healthy Menu section and have them click on the 2nd option: Sample Menu Phase One (Bootcamp). A seven day menu will pop up for them. Explain to them that no one would actually be expected to prepare all the options that Shelli has listed here – it is simply to show people how much variety is possible. No one is expected to eat menu items they don’t like either. This is simply a guide from which they will prepare their own menu.
c) Take them to the Recipes section and have them check out the bootcamp recipes. Point out your favourites. (I always point out the black bean soup, and the greek salad with chickpeas). Explain that they can make hummus but good store-bought varieties are easier and also very good. Take this time to re-inforce the importance of consuming beans daily for these 2 weeks.
d) Take them to www.fitday.com and have them set up an account so that they can keep track of their calories for the first few days. This is a wonderful tool and as a coach, this puts the responsibility back on them to make sure they are eating enough (and not too much) over the next 2 weeks. It will break down how many carbs, proteins and fats they are eating as well.
2) VIA EMAIL: THREE DAY MENU PLAN assigned at the end of your pre-coaching call.
Ask them to come up with a 3 day menu and email it to you the night before they start. This will enable you to troubleshoot any problems that may come up before they get started.
Things you are looking for are:
1) Are they eating calories at each meal? (vegetables are perfect, but they should also have hummus or another snack with them to bring them up to 200 calories)
2) Are they eating 1 – 2 servings (minimum) of beans each day? This includes hummus and bean dip too.
3) Have they accidentally included rice or whole wheat options in their menu? Most people think of these things as healthy (and they are!) so they accidentally include them in their bootcamp menu.
4) Are they eating too much cheese and nuts? These foods are very high in calories and can sabotage an entire day’s work easily. Have them avoid these as go-to snacks and get them to pre-measure their nuts into small baggies or containers so they don’t accidentally have an extra handful (one extra handful is ALOT of extra calories!)
Send them back your suggestions and let them know you are cheering for them!
3) FOLLOW UP CALLS: (Use these questions on Day 1, 3, 6, and 10 of their program.
Questions to ask:
1) How are they feeling? Go over any concerns they have – too hungry? headaches? If they do have problems that you can’t answer, CALL YOUR COACH immediately with them on the line (3 way call) to have it answered. They only have 2 weeks to get through this and they need an answer today, not tomorrow. Remind them that they will likely experience de-tox symptoms up to day 5 of their program.
2) Did they find it difficult to eat every 3 hours or so?
Just be understanding and listen. There is no need to offer too much advice here unless they specifically ask. They probably wont. They’re trying!
3) Ask permission to go over their menu for the day. After you receive permission, say “Why don’t you tell me what you ate, at what times, and in what amounts?
Just listen to them and write your comments down. DO NOT interrupt them as they go through their day, or they may get defensive and you may both get side-tracked.
You are checking for:
a) they ate 5 – 6 times.
b) none of their snacks/meals were over 4 hours apart (3 is ideal)
c) they included a healthy protein source with at least 4 of their snacks/meals. (The shake counts)
d) they ate calories with every snack/meal
e) they ate beans at least once and preferably twice each day
f) they drank enough water
g) they did not include deli meats, bread, pasta, rice, sugar (including bottled dressings), or processed foods
h) they aren’t too hungry. If they are feeling famished, encourage them to add more vegetables and beans to their day (not more dairy or nuts)
DAY 14: At the end of their 2 weeks, encourage them to stay on the program as much as possible with the addition of fresh fruit. Encourage them to limit complex carbohydrates (whole grains or rice) to only twice per day and stay away from breads. The idea is to establish an entirely new lifestyle built around vegetables, fruit, complex carbohydrates and healthy protein. Continute to call them or email them every week to see how they are doing…
There you go! You did it! I hope your clients experience tremendous success through the cleanse and that you are thrilled with your part in changing a life.
Have a great day!